In honor of Valentine’s Day, a little history of wedding cakes to start your History a’la Carte.
And now, a new installment of History a’la Carte to start the new year. I am always amazed to find out how much I didn’t know that I didn’t know.
- Tea Time-Buyer Beware
- Bon Aperitif!
- Poetry, pain, and opium in Victorian England: Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s use of laudanum
- Medicinal Compounds, Efficacious in Every Case
- Exeter Bread Riots 1854
- A word or two about the British monarchy…
- Why did Shakespeare portray Richard III as a villain?
- Facial reconstruction of Richard III
- What happened to the princes in the tower?
- Will DNA prove the princes lived?
- The publication of Pride and Prejudice
- Atom Theory in Ancient India
- Army pay: A shilling a day
- Poet’s Corner
- The Archbishop Who Defied Two Kings: Anselm of Canterbury